We are delighted to announce the line-up for this year’s Dante Lecture Series. This, in fact, is a special year as it marks the tenth anniversary of the Dante Lectures here in UCC. So, a big thank you to everyone who has participated and helped out over the years, ensuring the continued success of the series.
The lectures will take place on over five Mondays at 7.00 pm. These lectures are designed to appeal to everyone so please encourage others to come along. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Mon January 20 – Zygmunt Barański (University of Notre Dame/Cambridge) – ‘Novelty and Dante’s Vita nova’
- Mon January 27 – Prof. Corinna Salvadori Lonergan (Trinity College Dublin): ‘Dante on Beckett’s Stage’
- Monday February 3 – Prof. Giuseppe Ledda (University of Bologna) – ‘Dante and the Medieval Bestiary’
- Monday February 10 – Dr Daragh O’Connell (UCC) – ‘Courting Dante: The Politics of Love in the Commedia’
- Monday February 17 – Prof. Catherine Keen (University College London) – ‘Florentine spaces and genealogies in Dante’s Commedia‘
VENUE: All lectures take place in BOOLE LECTURE THEATRE 1