The Department of Italian UCC and CASiLaC (Centre for Advanced Studies in Languages and Cultures) are pleased to announce the annual series of five public lectures on Dante.
- Tues Jan 20 – Professor Simon Gilson (University of Warwick), ‘Criticizing Dante in Sixteenth-Century Italy’
- Tues Jan 27 – Professor Alex Davis (UCC), ‘“Peeling off the Middle Ages bit by bit”: Modernism’s Dante’
- Tues Feb 3 – Dr Silvia Ross (UCC), ‘Dante and Conflict: Florence Then and Now’
- Tues Feb 10 – Dr Alessandro Scafi (Warburg Institute), ‘Beyond the Boundary: The Transformation of Souls and Body in Dante’s Afterlife’
- Tues Feb 17 – Dr George Corbett (University of Cambridge) – ‘Visions of Good and Evil: the Moral Structure of Dante’s Divine Comedy‘