The Centre for Dante Studies in Ireland, the Department of Italian UCC and CASiLaC (Centre for Advanced Studies in Languages and Cultures) are pleased to announce the annual series of five public lectures on Dante.
- Tues Jan 26 – Dr Anne O’Connor (NUI Galway) – ‘Empty Graves and Local Rivalries: Dante and the problems of commemorating a national poet’
- Tues Feb 2 – Dr Heather Webb (University of Cambridge) – ‘A “Microhistory” of Gesture in Dante’s Purgatory‘
- Tues Feb 9 – Dr Mark Chu (UCC) – ‘Three Steps to Heaven: Macro- and Micro-Structures in Purgatorio’
- Tues Feb 16 – Professor Paul Hegarty (UCC) – ‘In the Malebolge, the sowers of discord: music and metal theory in the Inferno’
- Tues Feb 23 – Ed Krčma (University of East Anglia) – ‘Rauschenberg / Dante: Drawing a Modern Inferno‘